The newest digital edition of ASPPA’s members-only magazine has been posted online!
SECURE 2.0 was enacted on the cusp of 2023. It’s complex and confusing — but also filled with opportunity. In this issue’s cover story, John Sullivan and Nevin E. Adams, JD take a look at what retirement professionals should watch for in the new law. In our feature articles, John Ortman discusses how industry executives are meeting current staffing challenges, Chad Johansen offers best practices in training programs, and Brandon Long and Brian Beatty discuss the EPCRS and how to fix operational errors.
The Spring issue also features insights from industry thought leaders:
- Plan amendment best practices, as well as marketing insights, by Theresa Conti and Shannon Edwards
- A look at heightened SEC activity by Stan Prybe and Gary Blachman
- A discussion by Steve Keating and George Ekanian of what’s next concerning the pandemic and future PRT mortality
- Sheryl Stuckey’s look at the new LTPT employee rules
- The team at 401KInABox with a discussion of solo DB plan reporting
- A discussion of the timing of selling by Theresa Conti, Linda Chabourne and Jim Racine
- Amanda Iverson’s discussion about streamlining success
- A reminder from John Iekel about the importance of an employer remembering the three Rs: recruitment, retention and retirement
- Insights concerning working with plan sponsors from Michael Kirschman, Jeff Atwell, Kimberly Shaw Elliott, and Thomas E. Clark, Jr.
- Lauren Bloom’s examination of ethics and keeping control of work products
- Jeff Atweii’s discussion of education and ecosystem evolution
- A discussion of success in employee referrals by Megan Crawford
You’ll also find commentary from American Retirement Association CEO Brian Graff and calls to action by Barbara Giesing, ASPPA President Justin Bonestroo, and ARA Government Affairs Officer Will Hansen.
To view the digital edition of our Spring issue, click here: https://www.asppa.org/industry-intel/plan-consultant-magazine Remember that access to Plan Consultant is restricted to ASPPA members, so you’ll need to be logged in.
- Log in to post comments