Single-employer defined benefit plans that operate on a calendar-year basis and that are subject to ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code must meet a variety of deadlines and be mindful of dates on which certain administrative functions must be fulfilled. A recent posting provides a comprehensive enumeration of deadlines to be met.
Milliman provides the dates by month and in a chronological list of dates through the whole year. Deadlines in the post include those for:
- quarterly contributions;
- PBGC forms;
- IRS forms;
- applications for waivers of the minimum funding standard;
- benefit statements;
- calculating lump sum distributions;
- corrective plan amendments;
- credit balance elections;
- deductible contributions;
- notices related to funding and terminated vested employees;
- providing summary annual reports, summary plan descriptions and summaries of material modifications; and
- required minimum distributions.