Welcome to the online home of ASPPA’s Plan Consultant magazine!
Plan Consultant is a quarterly magazine designed to help retirement plan professionals improve their skills, enhance their knowledge, and conduct their business in a way that is professional, ethical, efficient and creative. Written by industry leaders and experienced retirement planning professionals, Plan Consultant provides timeless and practical, how-to processes and case studies that retirement professionals can use in their own practices. Articles are readable, practical, concise, accessible, and in some cases, inspirational.
More and more independent TPAs are joining collaborative groups to pool their resources and expertise. John Iekel’s cover story in our Spring issue tackles the question: What’s driving this trend? And in the issue’s two feature stories, Dick Billings offers some best practices in plan takeovers and Megan Crawford and Emily Minnich recap January’s Women in Retirement Conference (WiRC).
The issue also features insight from these industry thought lead
- 2022 ASPPA President Natalie Wyatt on how ASPPA is “Spring”-ing into action following the pandemic
- John Markley, Theresa Conti and Shannon Edwards on what we’ve learned from the SECURE Act’s late adoption provision
- Four ideas for solving the retirement income dilemma from Mark Shemtob
- Warnings about administering SDBAs from Shannon Edwards
- David J. Kupstas on choosing between BOY or EOY DB valuation
- Theresa Conti and Jason Brown on after-tax contributions
- Michelle G. Murphy on back-office outsourcing
- Alden J. Bianchi on the retirement committee’s perspective on the DOL’s new ESG rule
- Today’s top 10 TPA marketing trends from Rebecca Hourihan
- A profile of ASPPA’s new Introduction to Retirement Plans (IRP) certificate from the ARA’s Ashley Meredith
- Advice on fighting cyber fraud from Tom Schrandt
You’ll also find commentary from our regular columnists Brian Graff and ARA Government Affairs Officer Will Hansen.
You can browse the digital edition of the Spring issue below or by clicking here.
For more information about the print edition of Plan Consultant, select a link:
- Archive of Past Plan Consultant Issues
- PC Continuing Education Quizzes
- The ASPPA Journal Online Archive
We’re always looking for ways to enhance and expand Industry Intel. Got a good idea? Please share it with us — contact John Ortman.