NOTE: To access your current version of the ERISA Outline Book, please CLICK HERE.
For the 2016 EOB order form, click here.
About the ERISA Outline Book
The ERISA Outline Book, by Sal L. Tripodi, APM, J.D., LL.M., is available in print or online format, with flexible ordering options for multiple users. The ERISA Outline Book, Print Edition is a nine-volume book set presented in outline format and fully indexed. The ERISA Outline Book Online Edition is a fully searchable and cross-referenced website, containing the same information included in the print edition. Each Online Edition subscription provides 12 months of full access to the online version of the ERISA Outline Book.
The ERISA Outline Book is both a reference book and a study guide on qualified plans, and it is the recommended study resource for IRS Enrolled Retirement Plan Agent (ERPA) Program. For more information on the ERPA program, visit www.erpaexam.org/.Through ASPPA’s newly designed online EOB platform, users will find a greatly improved online experience with the ability to easily navigate, perform quick and advanced searches, take notes and bookmark content, copy, paste and print easily, and even send content links to your subscriber colleagues.
Each online subscription provides 12 months of full access to the most current online version of The ERISA Outline Book. Take immediate advantage of this valuable resource!
2016 highlights include:
- New EPCRS correction methods for elective deferral failures
- DOL proposal to expand fiduciary definition; Best Interest Contract Exemption proposal; proposed changes to other prohibited transaction class exemptions
- IRS guidance on mid-year amendments to safe harbor 401(k) plans
- Proposed regulations on cross-testing defined contributions plans and DB/DC combo plans
- Contraction of the determination letter program
- New procedures for pre-approved plans
- Final minimum funding regulations
- Anti-cutback relief for certain amendments to cash balance plans
- Supplemental guidance on same-sex marriage issues
- Voluntary correction program for late Form 5500-EZs
- DOL guidance on state-sponsored retirement plan programs for private sector employers
- IRS "soft guidance on hardship distributions and participant loans
- New user fee schedules
- HATFA guidance
- DOL guidance on selecting annuities for DC plan distribution
- DOL guidance on economically-targeted investments
- PBGC regulations on reportable events
- Pension-related changes in the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2105, the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act (PATH Act) of 2015, the Surface Transportation and Veterans Health Care Choice Improvement Act of 2015
- Normal retirement age guidance for governmental plans
- Supreme Court opinions on stock drop cases, statute of limitations on challenging prudence of investments, and enforcement by plan of claims against a participant
- Other new court cases over the last 12 months
- Update Table of Authorities in Chapter 17