Reader Poll Results: Missing Participants Top the List
Last month we asked ASPPA members to weigh in on what topics they would most like to see covered in Plan Consultant magazine, using a unique voting tool. It’s time to reveal the results.
The “wiki” tool uses an algorithm to rank the popularity of the topics. Here are the top 10:
1. The Missing Participant Problem
2. When Coverage Testing Becomes a Plan Design Feature
3. Educating the Employer: Rules They Need to Know to Provide Accurate Census Data
4. Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans
5. Correcting Failures to Provide Timely or Accurate Participant Notices
6. Effective Strategies for Takeover Case Success
7. Plan Terminations
8. Participant Communication: Paper or Electronic?
9. Plan Documents
10. How to Turn Compliance into Sales
And the bottom five:
Break Away from the Pack Through Diversification
Dealing with PBGC Issues
Benefit Restrictions Under IRC Section 436 and Reg. §1.401(a)(4)-5
Identifying ESOP Opportunities
Handling MEP Spin-offs or Terminations
In all, five new ideas were submitted. If you're interested, you can view the full results here — look for the "View Results" tab at the top of the page.
Best of all, nearly 2,300 votes were cast, a sample size that makes the results statistically meaningful, and this very helpful to the Plan Consultant Committee as we shape future issues of the magazine. You can still “play” if you like — we’ll leave the poll up for a while longer, here. Thanks to everyone who participated!