ACOPA Awards Fellow Designations to Exceptional Actuaries
ASPPA’s College of Pension Actuaries (ACOPA) at an Oct. 28 luncheon during ASPPA’s Annual conference, held at National Harbor, Md., awarded its designation of Fellow, Society of Pension Actuaries (FSPA) to 14 outstanding actuaries.
ACOPA bestows the FSPA designation on actuaries who have demonstrated exceptional technical and thought leadership in the pension actuarial field over an extended period and at a very high level. ACOPA granted the FSPA designation to the following individuals at the Oct. 28 luncheon:
- Richard A. Block, chief actuary for Block Consulting
- Susan L. Breen-Held, consulting actuary, Principal Financial Group
- G Patrick Byrnes, founder and president at Actuarial Consultants, Inc.
- Lawrence Deutsch, president Larry Deutsch Enterprises
- Janet S. Eisenberg, president, Eisenberg Associates, Ltd.
- Curtis D. Hamilton founder and chairman of the board of TRI-AD Actuaries, Inc.
- James E. Holland, Jr., chief research actuary, Cheiron, Inc.
- Ellen L. Kleinstuber, principal, The Savitz Organization
- Ethan Emanuel Kra, founder of Ethan E. Kra Actuarial Services LLC
- Marjorie Martin, principal, Buck Consultants, A Xerox Company
- Kurt F. Piper, owner and chief actuary at Piper Pension & Profit Sharing
- Michael Blair Preston, president and chief actuary at Preston Actuarial Services, Inc.
- Stephen H. Rosen, managing director, FTI Consulting CCA
- George Taylor, consulting actuary, Actuarial Benefits Co.
The FSPA is ASPPA/ACOPA’s advanced Fellowship designation. It represents the highest achievement within ACOPA for an actuary and the actuary who achieves this designation has shown a level of knowledge and understanding of the private pension system significantly beyond what is tested on the Enrolled Actuary examinations.